POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Best method for animation narration : Re: Best method for animation narration Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:24:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Best method for animation narration
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 4 Jan 1999 17:49:52
Message: <36913EBD.CABF38DD@xs4all.nl>
Greg M. Johnson wrote:

> I made a palleted GIF of the text, placed this on a box, and scrolled
> the box.  I used POV-Ray to collect a series of TGA's and then compiled
> the TGA's as and MPG with CMPEG.
>
> Does your suggestion (full-colour-image with anti-aliased text)  still
> offer me hope if I am making TGA images with POV-Ray?   The AVI format
> won't do for the IRTC.

I don't know. I just know MPEG has a tendency to blur (to put it mildly) and it
has difficulty with hard edges.
Another point is, that if you scroll the text vertically, you're changing the
whole screen, each frame while actually you just add a little. Perhaps if you
stuck to one line of text, scrolling horizontally or another way to ... Well,
actually that's editing the animation to adapt it to the file-format.
So, in short (hence my name): I don't know :-)
Sorry,

Remco